The pipettes for dogs Y pipettes for cats, with antiparasitic or repellent action, they are the perfect allies to keep your pet free of fleas and ticks for months. To achieve this it is necessary to be very constant in its use and make proper use of them.
Sometimes there are many doubts when it comes to how to use or how to put the pipettes for dogs and pipettes for cats, especially in what has to do with wet or dry hair and if they should be applied before or after the bath.
The recommendation is very clear, the pipettes for dogs Y pipettes for cats that help us eliminate fleas and ticks in our pet, while protecting them from new infestations, they should always be applied to dry hair and at least, 48 hours before and after, we must be careful that the animal does not get wet And, of course, don't bathe.
If we use the pipettes for dogs Y pipettes for cats, before bathing them, the product will leave with soap and water, so that we will have wasted the active substance and it will be impossible to achieve our goal. In the opposite case, if we administer antiparasitic or repellent pipettes after bathing our pet, your skin, which will be more sensitive than usual, can be affected by irritation, avoid it and completely unnecessary. The best option is, therefore, to wait at least two days after bathing our pet for dry hair, administer the pipette, always bending the skin of the area where the product is being poured to achieve hair removal while rubbing and discharging the contents of the pipette.
It is not necessary to pour the entire product through the animal's body, usually by administering the pipette to the neck part is sufficient, since the product quickly spreads to the rest of the body.
We must hold the dog or cat gently but firmly so that it is not annoying and can prevent us from throwing the product. Simply break the upper part, bend the skin of your neck (cross or scapulae) to free it from hair and pour the repellent or antiparasitic product from the pipette. This type of application in cats or small dogs will be sufficient. In the case of larger dogs, it is recommended to distribute the product of the pipette for dogs in two points (scapulae and top of the tail, for example) for a better distribution of the formula.
The effect of the pipettes for dogs Y pipettes for cats it's almost immediate and get eliminate fleas and ticks of the animal, in addition to protecting them during months of new infestations.
We invite you to know the wide range of pipettes for dogs and pipettes for cats Dixie, with their own formulas, which guarantee the health of pets and all those who live with them. Forget about fleas and ticks with Dixie cat and dog pipettes, and just worry about enjoying your pet's company!
Subscribe for FREE and stay informed.
I received an email every morning with the highlights of the day.
How to place the pipette to the dog or cat?
The million dollar question is: how do I put the pipette on my dog or my cat? A practice that seems easy, but there are people who don't know it. Here we give you an idea so you can deworm your pet without problems.
Pipettes are the most used antiparasitic for pets. They are very effective and easy to use. The same for both dogs and cats, are applied in a small area of the skin but are quickly distributed throughout the body of the animal.
Before buying the pipette you have to determine the weight of the animal, that is why before doing so you should consult the veterinarian. When placing the dewormer you have to choose a place in the house where the pet feels comfortable and relaxed.
The pipette is held with one hand in an upright position, always away from the face. With the other hand you must break the tip to open it, bending it back on itself. Once opened, you have to remove the pet's hair from a certain area:
- in the case of small dogs, it is applied between the scapulae (the cross that is made between the head and the shoulders).
- in large dogs, it is applied along the line of the loin, between the shoulders until almost reaching the tail.
- in cats, the pipette is applied to the skin at the base of the skull.
Once the process is finished, let the product act, do not forget to wash your hands after the task.
To achieve a good effect you should NOT bathe pets for at least 48 hours.
Advantages of antiparasitic pipettes
When our pet is affected by parasites, it is necessary to take measures to eliminate them. If your dog or cat has already been infested, it is best to take it to the veterinarian to evaluate the type of pest and recommend the best treatment for your pet.
After the treatment or if your pet has not had parasites, but you want to prevent its appearance, you can use repellent products. One of the solutions to avoid the problem of parasite pests is to use pipettes to protect our dogs and cats. We explain some of the advantages of antiparasitic pipettes over other prevention systems:
- Easy to use: This is a product whose format facilitates its application on the skin of the animal.
- Long lasting effect: Once the product is used, its effectiveness will remain for a week and will help repel parasites.
- Effective against external parasites: Protect your pet from ticks, fleas and also keep away mosquitoes of the phlebotomus type that are the main transmitters of Leishmaniosis.
External parasites that affect dogs and cats
Among the most common external parasites that can affect your dogs or cats are ticks and fleas, which in addition to causing itching and skin problems, can transmit diseases to your pets.
The ticks they are parasites that feed on the blood of the host animal, for this reason, in large infestations they can cause severe anemia in dogs and cats. In addition, their saliva causes itching in pets which affects their skin and mood, as they become more restless due to itching.
Another of the consequences that cause this type of parasites is that the animal hurts itself by scratching. It is important that if you detect that your pet scratches more than the bill or slims progressively, do a first external test to detect external parasites and take it to the veterinarian to give the most appropriate treatment.
In addition, ticks can transmit infectious diseases such as:
- Piroplasmosis: a disease that affects the blood and causes the destruction of broken blood cells.
- Ehrlichosis: This disease affects the white blood cells and can cause fever, extreme weight loss, bleeding and even neurological signs of blindness.
- Borreliosis: affects the joints and can produce chronic lameness in the animal.
If we talk about the fleasThey are also parasites that feed on the blood of their host and cause skin lesions, such as bites, inflammation and redness of the affected area and, occasionally, hair loss. Some of the diseases that your pet can get from flea infestation are:
- Dipylidium caninum: better known as had, it is a worm that mainly affects dogs and can measure between 25 and 50 cm when they grow inside the animal.
- Mycoplasmosis: causes inflammation of joints such as the hips or knees. It can manifest itself through lameness, difficulty in movement or fever.
Types of antiparasitic pipettes
The type of pipette you have to use will depend on factors such as the species or size of your pet. Thus, you can find:
- Pipettes for small dogs Y pipettes for cats: in both cases you can use Parasital pipettes small dogs and cats. The recommended dose is to use a pipette in animals weighing less than 15 kg, and two pipettes for those whose weight is between 15 and 30 kg. Remember that it is a prevention product, so you should use it in non-infested animals.
- Pipettes for large dogs: To protect larger dogs you can use Prasital pipettes large dogs, which acts effectively against external parasites. Its base of natural active ingredients, is indicated to end the discomfort caused by insects and mites in your pet.
How to apply antiparasitic pipettes in pets
Applying the antiparasitic pipettes is very simple, you just have to purchase the product corresponding to your type of pet and follow these steps.
Apply antiparasitic pipettes in short-haired dogs: Once you have selected the type of pipette that you have to use in your pet, apply it by following these steps:
- Your pet must be clean and have dry skin at the time of application. But remember that you should not bathe it 24 hours before or after the application of the product.
- Open the pipette by making a cut at the top or breaking through the easy open area.
- Look for the animal's cross, that is, the junction between the neck and back and distribute the product along the spine from the neck area and through the spine. Apply it in the direction of the head towards the tail until it reaches at least half of the spine. If you overflow you can repeat the operation in the opposite direction until it is finished. You can also put a dose at the base of the tail.
- Then, let the product dry completely, trying not to put the animal on straps, collars or other clothing while the product is still wet.
Apply antiparasitic pipette in long-haired dogs: It is applied in a similar way to that used in short-haired dogs, only in these cases it is necessary to carefully separate the animal's hair so that the product falls directly on the skin.
Apply antiparasitic pipettes in cats: You can apply pipettes to your cats in the same way that is applied to dogs, look for the union between the neck and back and distribute the product along the back. It is important that your pet cannot lick the area through which the liquid from the pipette extends, so you will have to be careful during the application.
Operation of antiparasitic pipettes
The liquid that is included in each antiparasitic pipette adheres to the animal's skin for several weeks and causes fleas and ticks found in the animal's skin to leave its host, as they emit unpleasant odors and flavors for these parasites.
In addition to keeping parasites away, pipettes repel mosquitoes of the genus phlebotomus, which are the main transmitters of Leishmaniosis.
Remember that in the product package you can find indications and how to use the anti-parasite pipettes you have purchased.